Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. See my disclosure for more info.
When I saw this recipe for Hamburger Roll Ups, I knew I had to try it out for my family! And boy was it ever a hit. My husband loved the flavors used to season the ground beef and my 17-month-old daughter devoured it as soon as I put the plate in front of her!
I served it with a side of broccoli, but if you have a picky eater who won’t eat her greens, try finely chopping the broccoli and mixing it right into the meat and cheese mixture. The kids will never know it’s there!
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard
- 1 package shredded cheddar (8 oz)
- 2 ¾ cups Bisquick
- 2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425 and spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in large skillet; add beef, salt and pepper and brown.
- Stir in onion and cook for about a minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in ketchup, Worcestershire and mustard and set aside for about 10 minutes, then stir in one cup of shredded cheddar.
- Combine Bisquick, milk and one cup cheddar in a bowl. Roll out dough into 14-inch by 9-inch rectangle.
- Spread meat mixture on rectangle, leaving a half-inch border. Roll up into a tight log.
- Slice log into pieces (should make about eight).
- Place side down onto baking sheet and press into one-inch thickness.
- Bake about 20 minutes until golden brown.