Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. See my disclosure for more info.
My toddler’s appetite seems to be insatiable some days, and I often find myself reaching for a cracker, box of raisins or cheese stick. These are all fine in moderation, but I’d like her to be open to all sorts of different foods, so I’ve begun trying other quick snacks out.
Try one of these easy, healthy ideas the next time your child is begging for a cookie or bag of chips!
- Hummus wrap: Spread hummus on a small whole-wheat tortilla. Top with shredded carrots and cheddar. Roll it up and you have an instant tasty and satisfying snack.
- Peanut butter and banana pinwheels: Cut the crusts off a slice of whole-wheat bread. Spread with peanut butter and top with thinly sliced bananas. Roll up and slice into pinwheels.
- Kiddie trail mix: To satisfy a sweet tooth without giving into a cookie craving, mix up some craisins, rice Chex and mini M&Ms for a sweet treat.
- Applesauce and graham crackers: We usually have unsweetened applesauce on hand at our house, so I like to kick it up a bit. Add some cinnamon and crumble a graham cracker on top and you’ll be surprised how much more exciting boring old applesauce can be!
- English Muffin and cheese: I know it seems simple, but throw a piece of your child’s favorite cheese on a whole-wheat English muffin and stick it under the broiler for a few minutes to melt and you will have one happy kid!