I am currently obsessed with avocados. I never liked them until recently, but after having my son I am enjoying a whole new wave of tastes I never had before! Avocado is one of them, and not only can I now stand it, I LOVE it.
So when I heard that you can use avocado to make a pasta sauce that is creamy and rich like alfredo but without all those terrible calorie filled ingredients I decided to give it a go!
We loved it. It is a delicious creamy sauce, and it is the perfect summertime light meal with a little seasoned grilled chicken on top!
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Cajun Seasoning
- 1 pkg of fettuccine noodles
- 2 avocados, seeded and scooped out of skin
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle cajun seasoning onto both sides of the chicken breasts and grill or cook in a skillet with a little olive oil until cooked through, set aside.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add the fettuccine to the water and cook as the package says. While the pasta is cooking, add avocado, olive oil, garlic, salt, lemon juice and parmesan cheese to a food processor. Pulse until the ingredients are smooth and creamy. Feel free to mix with a fork for a chunkier sauce.
- Strain the pasta, and combine with the sauce in a large bowl, until all the pasta has been covered.
- Slice the chicken thin.
- Top the pasta with a sprinking of parmesan cheese and sliced chicken.
This was a delicious simple dinner that took less than 30 minutes to make! Hope your family enjoys it too!