Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. See my disclosure for more info.
I’m lucky enough to live on a mountain where blackberries grow in the wild. They are seriously EVERYWHERE. We have them on our property, growing on the sides of the roads, near the creek and just about anywhere you look. Right now they are ripe, sweet and ready to eat. Instead of letting the bears eat them all up, my kids and I decided we would go out and pick some for ourselves. 6 cups of fresh blackberries later, we needed to make something with all these super yummy blackberries.
My kids were craving something sweet and with the help of my boyfriend’s mom, we got the idea to make a homemade blackberry cobbler. Thankfully we had all the ingredients between the two houses, so we didn’t have to make a trip into town to buy anything. Yep, it’s that easy!
The blackberry cobbler didn’t take very long to make at all and was the perfect addition to some vanilla ice cream.
Easy Blackberry Cobbler
- 4 cups Fresh Blackberries
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, best if squeezed from a lemon
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Place blackberries in a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish; sprinkle with lemon juice
- Stir together egg, sugar, and flour in a medium bowl until mixture resembles coarse meal
- Sprinkle over fruit
- Drizzle melted butter over topping
- Bake at 375° for 35 minutes or until lightly browned and bubbly
- Let stand 10 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream