Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. See my disclosure for more info.
My daughter loves chicken and dumplings. It is her favorite comfort food. I searched for easy recipes but found that most lacked flavor or vegetables. So I tweaked and tasted until I found one my family loves. I hope your family loves it, too!
Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- 4 skinless, boneless, chicken halves
- 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables (I use corn, peas, carrots, and green beans)
- 1 diced onion
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 10 oz packages of refrigerated biscuit dough (2)
- Chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- Place the onion, butter, condensed soup and chicken halves in the pot. Add enough chicken broth to cover the chicken and stir. Add salt and pepper to flavor. Let cook for 4 hours on high.
- Add the bag of frozen mixed vegetables. Stir. Continue to cook on high until the chicken is fully cooked, about 1 hour.