This post was sponsored by Country Crock®. All opinions are my own.
My boys and I wanted to take some homemade treats to our neighbors for the holidays. We love our neighbors and how much they love our boys so we always try to bring them treats when we bake them, but this time we wanted to bake with the sole purpose of taking them to our neighbors.
After going back and forth, we decided to bake cookies that bring together the delicious flavors of one of my favorite treats when winter rolls around-a cookie/cake bar chock full of cranberries with hints of orange and cinnamon and topped with a white chocolate frosting that is to die for. I get it at the coffee shop with a hot latte and savor the tasty festive flavors of the cranberries and orange.
I thought it might be nice to share these tasty flavors with the neighbors by using them in the Country Crock® Make It Yours™ recipe. We’ve already created a Peppermint Bark inspired cookie using the recipe and mixing in white chocolate, dark chocolate and crushed candy canes but this time around we’re going a little fruitier!
Cranberry Spice Make It Yours™ Cookies
- 1 C Country Crock® Spread
- 3/4 C granulated sugar
- 3/4 C firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 C all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Your choice of mix-ins (We used 1 cup of dried cranberries, 3 Tbsp of dried orange peel or 1Tbsp fresh orange zest and 1/2 Tbsp of cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Mix Country Crock® Spread, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, egg, egg yolk and vanilla in large bowl until well mixed.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda until blended. (Dough will be soft and creamy.) Add cranberries, orange peel and cinnamon.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls on ungreased baking sheets 3-inches apart.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes until edges are lightly golden.
- Cool 1 minute on wire rack; remove from sheets and cool completely.
- Melt 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips in the microwave according to package instructions.
- Using a candy or icing piping bag (a ziplock will melt) drizzle melted chocolate over the cookies.