Nothing like picking fresh apples in the Fall. We have a place close by called Apple Hill. People come from all over Northern California to visit and get some of the best apples you can buy. But what to do with all those delicious apples? I could bake a pie, but it all honesty that takes too long and I like something I can put together quickly and eat. After seeing different versions of baked apple bowls floating around Pinterest I just knew that was the first dessert I would make with our apples.
I just have to say that this was probably the best dessert I have ever had. Words can’t even begin to describe how incredibly delicious these were. The combination of the cinnamon and sugar baked into the apple, leaves a very similar taste to the baked apples in an apple pie. These apples require very little ingredients and are so easy to make!
- Vanilla Greek Frozen Yogurt (you can use whatever you like, we just prefer the Open Nature Greek Frozen Yogurt!)
- Apples (depending on how many bowls you want: 1 apple per bowl)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Caramel topping
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2) Taking a knife, cut the tops of your apples and scoop out some of the inside with a spoon. Make sure to leave some apple in your bowls. (See image below.)
3) Mix your cinnamon and sugar in a bowl and add about 1 1/2 teaspoon of the cinnamon sugar mixture to the inside of your hallowed apple and coat the inside. (See image above)
4) Bake for 20 minutes.
5) Let cool for a few minutes and fill in with your ice cream. Top with caramel.