I recently had to come up with a quick dessert for a baby shower with only 24 hours notice. Normally I like to plan what I am making weeks in advance but because I did not have much time I had to get creative. I remember going to a birthday party and having chocolate dipped Oreo’s and they were amazing. I thought, why not put them on a stick! I normally would make cake pops but as we all know , those are very time consuming and with two children running around the house that was just not going to happen. I was so happy I went with these. They literally took 10 minutes to make and came out amazing!
I purchased the Oreos at my local grocery store. The lollipop sticks the Colored Vanilla chocolate and Sprinkles at my local Hobby Lobby.
Getting the Oreo’s ready for dipping.
Chocolate ready for dipping.
Final Product. You can use any colors, sprinkles and decorate these in so many different ways. I went with blue because this was for a baby shower but you can go with so many options to make these perfect for any event or birthday.
Chocolate Dipped Oreo Pops
- Double Stuf Oreos
- lollipop sticks
- Chocolate (and food coloring if you do not buy pre dyed chocolate)
- Wax paper
- Melt chocolate on a low heat slowly. If you have a double broiler, that is best.
- While the chocolate is melting, twist off the tops of the Oreos and lay the stick inside, then press them back together softly so they do not break.
- Put the Oreos in the freezer for 5 minutes to help them stay put.
- Add shortening to the melted chocolate, then stir. This will help the chocolate to remain smooth and go on the cookie easier.
- Dip the cookies in the melted chocolate and have a spoon ready to cover any missing spots.
- Then set on wax paper and add sprinkles to the chocolate before it dries.
- Put in fridge or freezer to set and you are done.