Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. See my disclosure for more info.
Brownies are one of my favorite desserts to make because of their versatility. You can do almost anything with a brownie from adding caramel to marshmallows to peanut butter. But they’re also pretty darn good on their own, too!
For Valentine’s Day, I like to swirl a little pink into my brownies with a cherry-flavored cream cheese filling. Chocolate and cherries are always a winning combo and the pink swirl makes them perfect for the holiday!
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped well-drained maraschino cherries
- 1 teaspoon maraschino cherry juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 box (1 lb 2 oz) Betty Crocker® ultimate fudge Premium brownie mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom of 9-inch square pan with cooking spray or shortening.
- 2 In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, cherries, cherry juice and 1 egg with spoon; set aside.
- 3 In another medium bowl, combine brownie mix, pouch of chocolate fudge, oil, water and 1 egg until well blended. Spread half of the batter in pan. Spread cream cheese mixture over batter. Carefully spoon remaining batter on top; spread gently to cover.
- 4 Bake 43 to 47 minutes (51 to 55 minutes for dark pan) or until toothpick inserted 1 inch from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours, before cutting. Store covered in refrigerator.