Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning if you decide to make a purchase through my links I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. See my disclosure for more info.
Not only is having kids expensive, so is getting a babysitter for the night so you and your spouse can spend some quality time together. Date night doesn’t have to be expensive, there are so many things you can do that cost little to no money. Just make it a point to have a date night with your spouse, that’s the most important part.
Here are 20 date ideas when you’re broke.
- Go on a picnic
- Make it a movie night at home
- Go on a hike or nature walk
- Have a game night at home or head to your local arcade
- Ditch the restaurant and make a gourmet meal at home
- Volunteer at a local animal shelter
- Go for a mini road trip
- Watch the sunset
- Head to the movies, but ditch the pricey snacks
- Light some candles, put on some slow music and dance
- Check local museums for free days or discounted
- Go bowling
- Find some fun, local dive bars. Cheap drinks and people watching, yay!
- Watch a live comedy show, many areas have amateur night and tickets are cheap
- Look up local shows, concerts and events. Many are free or under $10.
- Have a photoshoot. Get your camera or phone and head out in your city snapping photos together.
- Have a day spa at home. Get the candles and massage oil and take turns.
- Go on a bike ride
- Dust off the tent and head to a local camp spot for the night
- Take a class together: cooking, painting, etc.