You saw how scrumptious the White Chocolate Drizzle Popcorn looks in the Ready to POP! Baby Shower! post—now learn how to make it!
I have read various recipes for white and milk-chocolate drizzle popcorn, and some recipes call for microwave popcorn. But I highly recommend popping your own corn on the stovetop. Never tried that before? It’s easy! Simply pour some oil in the bottom of a pot and let it heat up. Add a few kernels of popcorn and wait for them to pop. When they do, cover the bottom of the pot in a single layer of popcorn kernels and place the lid on top. As it pops, shake the pan a couple of times to make sure all the kernels are popping. When the popping slows, pour the popped popcorn into a bowl. You’ll never go back to microwave popcorn again!
- 12 ounces of White Chocolate
- 8-12 ounces of M&M's
- Salt (optional)
- Pop popcorn on the stove. Pour into a bowl and lightly salt.
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave. Be sure to set your microwave to 50% power and stir often—every 20-30 seconds.
- Drizzle almost all of the chocolate over the popcorn, mixing in the M&M's as well.
- Lay the popcorn on a cookie tray lined with a sheet of wax paper. Drizzle remaining chocolate on top.
- Allow the popcorn to sit until the chocolate hardens (about 20-30 minutes).
- Break off pieces and enjoy!