We’re so excited to bring you another delicious recipe thanks to In The Raw!
Ever since my children were little, we have had this family tradition of getting together with my mother-in-law and baking delicious sugar cookies. It is something my husband grew up doing and now he is passing on the tradition to both our children and myself.
Typically we plan the whole day around it. We arrive to the in-laws’ early, start making the dough, rolling it out, cutting Christmas shapes with cookie cutters, baking and then the kids’ favorite… decorating with the best sugar cookie frosting I have ever had. It is such a fun and memorable time for all of us and we look forward to it every year.
The sugar cookie recipe was given to me by my mother-in-law and was passed down to her by her great, great grandmother. I love that this is just a classic recipe and really does produce sugar cookies with the perfect amount of crunch.
This year I decided to slightly edit the recipe to try and make it a little more healthy (is that even a thing?). My kids really don’t need that much sugar during this already crazy time, so instead of using regular sugar in the recipe, I substituted with Monk Fruit In The Raw®. Monk Fruit In The Raw® Zero Calorie Sweetener has the closest taste to sugar of any non-caloric sweetener with the least aftertaste. Because of its sweet, clean taste, Monk Fruit In The Raw® can be substituted for sugar in almost any recipe. It also tastes great when sprinkled directly on fruit or cereal.
- Cream shortening, sugar, eggs, vanilla, baking powder, flour. Let stand awhile.
- Roll and cut with cookie cutters.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- In small bowls combine ½ cup of powdered sugar and a teaspoon of milk.
- Stir until sugar and milk combine and create a thickish consistency.
- Add food coloring of your choice to each bowl and blend well.
- We use painting brushes we purchased just for decorating cookies, makes decorating easy and fun.
In The Raw®, where sweetness runs in the family.
Compensation was provided by In The Raw®, via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of In The Raw®.