Have you ever had a craving for ooey gooey melted cheese? Oh, you crave it all the time? Yeah…me too. And sometimes I cave to the craving.
Just a little bit. Ok a lot. Ok, I can eat melted cheese all day everyday.
One of my absolute favorite ways to give in to the craving is to make this simple dish of macaroni and cheese. It’s so easy to make, and literally only has 5 ingredients…hence the name “Simply Mac & Cheese”.
And it tastes AMAZING. Just perfect.
We love to eat it with a honey glazed ham or as a BBQ side dish. It’s easy to take as a side for a potluck meal too, because its easy to make in larger portions. Or you can make it in personal portions too..no one will know.
The key is to use a good amount of cheese. Feel free to use more than the recipe specifies-I usually do. You can’t really mess it up, so add as you please! I tend to use a mix of an orange cheese and mozzarella. I always use mozzarella because it melts so well and tastes better than any other cheese (in my humble opinion).
- 2-3 cups Macaroni Pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups Grated Cheese (I use a mix of cheddar and mozzarella)
- ⅓ cup Milk
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Cook pasta according to directions on the box
- Drain pasta and toss with butter and salt (use salt to taste, but be generous!)
- Put half of the cooked pasta into a medium sized baking dish and top with half the cheese
- Place remaining pasta into the dish, cover with remaining cheese
- Pour milk into the dish over the noodles and cheese
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until cheese starts to brown
It’s just plain ‘ole straight up Mac and Cheese. No frills, nothing added. Just delicious pasta and cheese.
You. Are. Welcome.