So, you know that time of year when Starbucks rolls out their Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate and Salted Caramel Mocha?
They do that at the holidays. Well, it’s May and I STILL like salted caramels and chocolate combined to make a salty sweet party in my mouth. So I make do.
In fact, I make brownies. Brownies are probably my favorite chocolate treat, and they are so dangerous around my house. I will inhale them. So when I decided that I missed me some Salted Caramel Mochas and wanted a treat, I started combining ideas I had used before to make the ULTIMATE brownie. Perfectly chocolate, with a soft caramel center surrounded by oozing chocolate (think lava cake!) and topped off with a little salt. Oh. Oh. Do yourself a favor and make a batch.
- 1 Box Brownie Mix with ingredients to prepare
- 2-3 Tbsp Instant Coffee
- 12 rolos, unwrapped
- Salt (I like to use coarse salt for this)
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Spray cupcake pans with cooking spray, or add liners.
- Mix the dry brownie mix with the coffee. Add in the wet ingredients called for on the box.
- Spoon brownie batter into the cupcake pans, filling each cup about ⅔ full. Add a Rolo in the center of each brownie.
- Top each off with the remaining batter, just enough to cover the Rolo.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until firm at the center.
- Best served warm with a glass of cold milk.
These did not last long in my house this weekend! Perfect treat to satisfy your sweet OR salty cravings, and they are pre-portioned for easy serving!