We recently were having guests over in the morning before they were going to have a big afternoon meal. We wanted to serve light morning appetizers, different than the typical muffins or cinnamon buns. That’s when my daughter and I came up with the idea for fruit, cheese and crackers, and mini quiche.
The mini quiche recipe was a quiche recipe we already love and have, but we made it in our mini muffin pan. This made it perfect for guests to be able to use as a finger food appetizer. It was a big hit! It was also easy enough that my 14-year-old daughter made the entire thing by herself. We will definitely be making this mini quiche recipe again when we have guests!
- Pie crust (we use the pre-made crust)
- 5 Tbsp defrosted frozen spinach
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup medium diced onion
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Place the pie crusts in the mini muffin tins. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While baking, saute the onion.
- Mix all the ingredients together and add to the baked pie crust.
- Return to the oven and continue baking for 25-30 minutes.