The other night, I was in the mood for something sweet and warm, but I really didn’t want to take the time to bake a dessert. I am a huge fan of microwave treats, so I thought I would test a new one out. To my surprise, my craving for warm peaches was more than satisfied by a simple microwaved peach crisp!
It was easy, really!
I started with about half of a can of peaches drained (we just divided the can into two bowls so my husband and I could share) and cut the slices into bite sized chunks
Then, I mixed brown sugar, melted butter, cinnamon, flour and some quick oats together in a separate bowl and spread that over the peaches evenly
Threw the bowls into the microwave one at a time, and nuked them for about 90 seconds-2 minutes each. Once you see the peaches starting to bubble a little through the crisp topping, it’s ready!
Top it with a little vanilla ice cream or some whipped cream, and you are ready to devour a delicious treat!
I was so pleased with this treat that I went out to buy more cans of peaches to keep on hand for future cravings!
- 1 15oz can Sliced Peaches
- 2 Tbsp Butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 4 Tbsp Quick Oats
- A Sprinkle of Cinnamon, to your liking
- Drain peaches and cut into bite sized chunks. Divide evenly between two microwave safe bowls.
- In a separate bowl, mix together remaining ingredients until combined.
- Divide the crisp topping over top of the peaches evenly.
- Microwave each peach crisp for about 90 seconds to 2 minutes, or until the peaches start to bubble up through the crisp topping.
- Top with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.