Are you caught up in the excitement of March Madness? In need of a creative game-time snack? Look no further. Popcorn is a much healthier option than potato chips or cheese puffs, and this recipe incorporates Parmesan and rosemary for a fun twist on an old classic. And if you’re growing an herb garden, you can grab some rosemary right out of your back yard to make this savory snack.
- 1 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese (finely grated, get the stuff in the non-refrigerated section)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1. Heat oil in large pot on stove top. Add popcorn and cover with lid. Pop until you only hear one or two kernels popping every few seconds.
2. Melt butter in microwave, drizzle over warm popcorn.
3. Combine Parmesan, rosemary and salt; sprinkle over popcorn immediately after drizzling with butter. Shake to evenly coat.