If you have a daughter you have to check out Luna Leggings. I instantly fell in love with their creative and modern designs. In fact, it made me want to have a daughter just so she can wear these.
Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Luna Leggings is a line of organic cotton tights and leggings for girls ages 0-8. Made of high-quality organic cotton, Luna Leggings are durable and functional for the most adventurous fashionista.
Available at over 60 stores nationwide as well as Liberty in London, Luna Leggings also has a huge following from celebrity moms. Sarah Jessica Parker’s twins are constantly seen wearing them (again and again!), they’ve also been spotted on Alessandra Ambrosio, Jennifer Garner and Alyson Hannigan. (you can see all celebrity images on Luna Legging’s press page.)
I love that Luna Leggings are inspired by Sienna, Jennie’s 3 year-old daughter – her love for bright and unique color combinations, her carefree and creative style, and their mutual respect for the natural world around them- beautiful flowers, trees, and edible gardens. It really shows in all her pieces.
The designer, Jennie Hearing, is trained as a landscape designer and mother of three, who is extremely eco-minded and sources all of her cotton from a local organic farming community. Most of her designs are inspired by edible garden motifs and 10% of her proceeds benefit the Edible Schoolyard Project.
Here is a great, short video about Jennie and Luna Leggings:
“At our core is the passion and drive to support a sustainable lifestyle, a socially responsible business, and ultimately, to keep our world (and our kids!) healthy.
How do we do this? We…
- Source cotton from an organic farming community in Northern India accredited by all International Organic Certification standards including the ‘Global Organic Textile Standard- GOTS.’
- Use recycled packaging and paper products, soy-based inks, and minimize waste whenever possible.
- Oversee the manufacturing facilities to ensure a healthy environment for employees.
- Donate 10% of profits to the Edible Schoolyard Project to promote the education and practice of enjoying real food.
- Partner with other non-profit organizations to support children in-need and other charitable causes.
We make thoughtful and conscious decisions to support and respect our environment – our kids make us more aware because every decision effects more than ourselves, and we know that our actions today effect generations to come.”
You can learn more about Luna Leggings or purchase any of the absolutely trendy and adorable leggings by visiting their website at: www.lunaleggings.com. You can also stay up-to-date by liking them on Facebook.