Oh my goodness, Easter is TOMORROW?! How in the heck did that happen?
If you’re like me, you completely forgot about throwing something adorable together for the kids to snack on after a frenzied morning of egg hunts and Easter baskets. If you were a bit more prepared, you probably checked out some of our amazing festive articles – but just in case you missed them, I’ve got your back!
- 2 ½ cups steamed carrots
- ½ egg white, from 1 egg
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup bread crumbs
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sugar
- dash of salt
- dash of pepper
- dash of cumin
- dash of garlic powder
- dash of all spice
- Bread crumbs for coating
- Parsley sprigs for garnish
- Mix all ingredients, except bread crumbs reserved for coating.
- Shape mixture into cone-shaped carrots, packing mixture together well.
- Gently roll in bread crumbs and set on a platter.
- Spray skillet with non-stick spray or use about a teaspoon of olive oil in pan. Over medium heat, fry croquettes until golden brown, turning once, about 3 minutes per side.
- Arrange on platter, adding a sprig of parsley for carrot tops.
Parenting.com even threw together a list of 8 Easy Easter Recipes (including the cutesy carrot croquettes) for procrastinators like myself, so our kids don’t have to suffer from our last-minute nature. Check them out on their website, along with great craft and decor ideas for a very Hoppy Easter!
To see other Easter ideas that include egg dyeing, Easter Basket items, Recipes and more, please visit our Hippity Hoppity Easter’s Almost Here article!