I am always looking for different dinner ideas to feed my family. They get tired of eating the same things over and over again, but truthfully, I really don’t have much time to change up my dinner menu that much. Some days I don’t have too much time to cook an elaborate meal so I try and change the recipes up for some of our staple meals.
Pasta is usually an easy go-to for us because it doesn’t take all day to make and I can change up the recipes easily. One of my family’s favorite dishes I make is my Fresh Caprese Pasta. It’s a delicious, yet easy way, to make dinner time fun again and get my kids to eat all their food.
I personally use Barilla Whole Grain Pasta when making this dish as it not only tastes great, but it is an excellent source of fiber. It’s also made with 100% Whole Wheat and has 56g of whole grain in each serving. It’s the perfect choice for a wholesome and fresh tasting pasta.
- 1 box of Barilla Whole Grain Pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup of small yellow onion very, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons mined garlic
- 2 and ½ cups cherry tomatoes halved or quartered
- 1 jar of Barilla Marinara
- ½ cup fresh basil thinly sliced or chopped
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese chopped into small pieces
- ½ cup of Balsamic
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, sliced
- Optional: salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add onions. Cook and stir until translucent. Add in the garlic and stir until fragrant. Add cherry tomatoes and cook for about 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add the Barilla Marinara and chicken stock. Let simmer for about 6 minutes and add half of the fresh basil.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the tomato mixture.
- Season with additional salt and pepper if desired. Add in the mozzarella cheese, the remaining chopped basil, chicken and drizzle balsamic vinegar over the top.
- Enjoy immediately.
This recipe feeds my family of 4, and allows us to have leftovers for lunch the following day. Please keep in mind that it’s important to know your portion sizes, especially when it comes to pasta.
A single serving of pasta is generally regarded as 2 oz. (57 g) of cooked pasta for a first course or side dish. A serving can be raised 3 to 4 oz. (85 to 113 g) if it is the only course. Occasionally a serving is approximated as 1/2 cup (114 g) of pasta; however, this depends upon the shape of the pasta.
You can find the Barilla Whole Grain Pasta at your local Walmart and find additional delicious recipes by visiting: www.barilla.com/recipes. Here’s an awesome Ibotta rebate, check it out: ibotta.com/rebates?q=BarillaPasta.
If you’re looking for a gluten free option, you’ll love Barilla Gluten Free Penne pasta. It was recognized as one of Parents magazine’s top 25 best allergy-friendly packaged foods. www.parents.com/recipes/healthy-kids-snacks/parents-best-allergy-friendly-packaged-foods/.
For other tasty recipe ideas, be sure to visit: www.pinterest.com/adashofsanity/inspired-dishes/
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.