Are you hosting a Super Bowl party this year? Here are five simple ideas to snazz up your party with some tasty snacks!
- Football-shaped treats: Whether it’s a football cake or brownies cut out with a football cookie cutter, these will always be festive and perfect for the occasion!
- Crab cake sliders: In honor of the Baltimore Ravens, buy some frozen crab cakes, bake them and put them on slider buns with some spicy mayo!
- Chinese take-out: Rooting for the 49ers? Honor San Francisco’s famous Chinatown with a take-out buffet. Let guests pig out on egg rolls and lo mein while you don’t have to lift a finger in the kitchen.
- Nacho buffet: Are you more of a traditionalist when it comes to junk food during the Super Bowl? Melt some cheese (make sure to use a creamy base, like Velveeta) in your fondue pot and set along side bags of tortilla chips. Then create a buffet of toppings like ground beef, olives, chopped tomatoes, lettuce, diced chicken, black beans, etc.
- Get dippy: Ask each of your guests to bring a favorite dip (BLT dip, Reuben dip, seven-layer taco dip, etc.) and have a dip party! Provide chips, crackers and pretzels for dipping and don’t forget a pot of chocolate fondue for dessert!