Just recently I wrote an article on Friendship Cottage Cheese. It is by far the best cottage cheese you can buy. It is all natural, healthy and delicious. I never knew how many recipes you can make from cottage cheese and was so excited when I found out. When we first wrote about Friendship Cottage Cheese, we shared their recipe for Zucchini and Cheese Fritters with Green Goddess Dressing. It was so good that I just had to share another favorite!
We are huge mac and cheese fans in our house. I have attempted to make homemade mac and cheese once before but it never came out quite as good as I had anticipated. This recipe is not only easy, but it is delicious as well!
Easy Mac ‘N’ Cheesy
- 2 cups Friendship® Cottage Cheese (any variety)
- 1 cup Friendship® Sour Cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Bechamel sauce (recipe below)
- 3/4 Tsp. salt
- Garlic salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 package (7 oz.) macaroni, cooked and drained
- Optional: Sprinkle with paprika
- 2–3 Tbsp. butter (room temperature)
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- Combine cottage cheese, sour cream, egg, salt, garlic salt and pepper.
- Add cheddar cheese and Bechamel sauce; mix well. Add macaroni and stir until coated.
- Transfer to greased 2–2 1/2 qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Bake uncovered, at 350ºF for 25–30 min. or until heated through.
Directions for sauce:
- Whisk flour and milk in a bowl.
- Mix in the butter until smooth.