The answer is of course no, but now that I have your attention, let’s talk about something that will help a breastfeeding mom boost her milk supply. And yes, this does involve CHOCOLATE!
Lactation cookies are one of the yummiest ways to try and increase your supply. Most moms fear their supply will dwindle and they will be forced to supplement. Before you lose all hope, try making these delicious cookies. Shoot, you can even make them for your children and husband. The key ingredients are flaxseed meal, Brewers Yeast and oatmeal. You can always add other ingredients like coconut, walnuts, raisins, or anything that your heart…. and taste buds desire.
- Lactation Cookies
- 1 C butter
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C brown sugar
- 4 T water
- 2 T flaxseed meal (DO NOT substitute)
- 2 Lg eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 C flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 3 C Thick cut oats
- 1 C Chocolate chips
- 2 T Brewers Yeast (DO NOT substitute)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix 2 T of flaxseed meal and water, set aside 3-5 minutes.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs.
- Stir flaxseed mix into butter mix and add vanilla.
- Beat until well blended.
- Sift: dry ingredients, except oats and choc chips.
- Add butter mix to dry ingredients.
- Stir in the oats and then the choc chips.
- Drop on parchmant paper on baking sheet.
- Bake 8-12 minutes.
I would recommend eating more than 4 cookies a day. In fact, you should be eating plenty of calories while breastfeeding. Think of it this way… While eating all this delicious food you can say, “hey! I’m doing this for my baby and for my supply!”
“Breastfeeding is a mother’s gift to herself, her baby and the earth.”~Pamela K. Wiggins.
Looking for more ways to increase your milk supply? Check out this article HERE