There’s nothing quite like a warm muffin in the morning!
Unless, that is…you have a warm muffin drizzled in a sticky sweet icing that pulls apart into scrumptious bite sized nuggets.
This recipe is perfect for lazy mornings! My kids call them “cake muffins” because they say that it’s dessert for breakfast. We love to make them alongside a scramble of eggs with potatoes and bacon for the perfect breakfast dessert!
Each muffin pulls apart into 4 pieces and the carmelized cinnamon sugar mix at the bottom of the muffins gives the slightest sweet crunch that makes me melt every time. SO GOOD.
- 1 can big biscuits
- Butter, melted
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix sugar and cinnamon in a bowl
- In your muffin pan, place ½ teaspoon of butter into each cup.
- Sprinkle about ½ teaspoon of your cinnamon sugar mixture into each muffin cup
- Open your biscuits and cut each biscuit into 6 pieces
- Roll each biscuit piece into a ball, then place 4 balls into each muffin cup
- Top each ball cluster with a little more butter and another sprinkle of the cinnamon sugar mix
- Bake at 375 for about 15 minutes or until they start to brown
- Take muffins out of the oven and immediately drizzle with sweetened condensed milk while in the muffin pan
- Let sit for about 5 minutes to soak in the condensed milk and then serve!