Brownies are one of my favorite desserts to make because of their versatility. You can do almost anything with a brownie from adding caramel to marshmallows to peanut butter. But they’re also pretty darn good on their own, too!
For Valentine’s Day, I like to swirl a little pink into my brownies with a cherry-flavored cream cheese filling. Chocolate and cherries are always a winning combo and the pink swirl makes them perfect for the holiday!
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped well-drained maraschino cherries
- 1 teaspoon maraschino cherry juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 box (1 lb 2 oz) Betty Crocker® ultimate fudge Premium brownie mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom of 9-inch square pan with cooking spray or shortening.
- 2 In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, cherries, cherry juice and 1 egg with spoon; set aside.
- 3 In another medium bowl, combine brownie mix, pouch of chocolate fudge, oil, water and 1 egg until well blended. Spread half of the batter in pan. Spread cream cheese mixture over batter. Carefully spoon remaining batter on top; spread gently to cover.
- 4 Bake 43 to 47 minutes (51 to 55 minutes for dark pan) or until toothpick inserted 1 inch from side of pan comes out almost clean. Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours, before cutting. Store covered in refrigerator.