I’m always looking for simple meals my family can have on weeknights-meals that don’t take too long to prepare and taste delicious. My mom makes a sort of Chicken Parm that is topped with red sauce and mozzarella, so I decided to give it a twist that ditches the breading to fit my lower carb diet and my whole family loved it!
It’s so simple to make:
Season boneless skinless chicken breasts with italian seasoning and cook them in a skillet with a small amount of olive oil until browned and cooked throughPlace the cooked seasoned chicken breasts into a baking dish. Spoon your favorite spaghetti sauce over each piece of chicken, top with a slice of mozzarella cheese and your favorite pizza toppings. We loved adding simply pepperoni (and leaving one plain cheese for the littlest guys), but green peppers, onions, mushrooms and olives are all delicious. My favorite combo is pepperoni, pineapple and green pepper!Broil the chicken until the cheese starts to brown and bubble up! If you don’t want to broil (let’s be honest…I don’t always pay the best attention when I’m using the broiler and end up burning the food), feel free to bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.See all that juice in the pan? It’s amazing. Cut up your chicken and drizzle some of that over top if you want to take it to the next level! This is seriously such a treat!
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 Heaping Spoonfuls of Spaghetti Sauce
- 4 Slices Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- Pizza Toppings
- Preheat your oven broiler.
- Season your chicken breasts with italian seasoning.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and add the seasoned chicken breasts.
- Cook chicken breasts until browned and cooked all the way through.
- Place chicken breasts into a baking dish, adding a spoonful of spaghetti sauce to each piece of chicken and top with a slice of cheese and pizza toppings.
- Broil chicken until cheese is melted and bubbling. (You can also bake the chicken for 20 minutes at 350 degrees)
I served this baked pizza chicken with pasta topped with the same red sauce I used for the chicken for my husband and kids, while I kept it lower carb with a side of steamed veggies.I hope your family loves this as much as mine does! It’s a way to get my “pizza” without eating the crust!