Ever had a haystack? If you look them up online, you’ll find many variations—some cookies, some candy, some Mexican food. Basically it’s anything that resembles a haystack once assembled.
Usually there are pretzels, crispy chow mein noodles or tortilla strips involved.
This recipe is all about making your own sweet and salty candy for Halloween. These are super simple to create, which is good, because they will disappear faster than you can pass them out!
- 1 bag white chocolate chips (11 oz)
- ½ – ¾ cup chopped candy corn
- 2 cups skinny pretzel sticks (the small ones, about three inches long)
- 1 cup peanuts
- Break pretzel sticks in halves or thirds.
- Melt white chocolate over double boiler until smooth and creamy.
- Add pretzels and peanuts.
- Quickly drop spoonfuls of mixture onto waxed paper.
- Sprinkle with chopped candy corn while still wet.
- Allow 15-20 minute for candy to set up.