Last month my husband and I took a much-needed trip without the kids. We headed up the coast from Northern California to Lincoln City, Oregon. With the drive being a little over 9 hours each way, we were so glad we had the 2015 Kia K900 as our road trip vehicle.
I had heard great things about the K900, but this was the first time I had been inside one. When the K900 arrived at my house, I immediately noticed some distinctive Kia exterior features- the bold chrome front grille, LED daytime running lights, LED fog lights, and those 19″ chrome alloy wheels.
I spent a couple days chauffeuring my children around in the K900 before heading on our road trip, and by far, the K900 beats any sedan and CUV I have driven my kids in. I swear the leg room is bigger in the K900 than in most CUV’s I have driven and reviewed.
When it was time to head on our road trip, we had no problems loading the trunk with our suitcases and ice chest. The trunk area had ample room to store everything. We could have probably packed for our entire family and still had more room back there.
I’ve often mentioned how much I love road trips and driving the 2015 Kia K900 is a perfect reason why. There’s just something about hitting the open road, with your favorite tunes on Sirius Radio and letting the fresh air in from you panoramic sunroof that gives me a feeling of contentment. I mean, who can really complain when you are with the love of your life and you’re driving in one of the most luxurious vehicles you have ever been in?
The 2015 Kia K900 has some seriously brag-worthy features that I find both my husband and myself still talking about to this day. It’s these features that put the car on the top of my favorite vehicle list.
1. Head Up Display- If you aren’t familiar with Head Up Display, you need to be. This is my favorite feature in the K900. With the Head Up Display, there really is no reason to ever take your eyes off the road. An image projects on your windshield that displays how fast you are going. If you have navigation turned on, it will show you your turn-by-turn route, and if you have cruise control on you can customize how far you want to be from the vehicle in front of you thanks to the Advanced Smart Cruise Control.
Advanced Smart Cruise Control uses a radar sensor at the front of the car to monitor the distance from the vehicle ahead. The system automatically applies the brakes to maintain a pre-determined ‘safe’ distance and will even bring the vehicle to a complete stop, if necessary.
2. Power Soft-Close Door Latches- This is really something I wish I had taken a video of. I didn’t know the Power Soft-Close Door feature existed until my 5-year-old was a passenger in the vehicle. He is notorious for not shutting the door completely. We both watched as the door (that was not closed all the way) adjust automatically and close without either one of us needing to touch the door.
3. Power Trunk Open and Close- With a push of a button you can literally open and close your trunk. It’s something I treasure in an SUV and I am so glad to see that feature in the K900.
4. Adjustable Rear Seats-The back seats are completely adjustable. You can slide the seats forward, backwards, and can even recline for maximum comfort.
5. Rear Center Console-This alone is a reason to no longer call “shotgun”. The back center console is probably the most impressive center console I have ever seen. From the back, passengers can control their own air, move the rear shade up and down, adjust their seats, heat or cool their seats, and even adjust the front passenger seat if no one is occupying it. Yes, if the back passenger behind the front passenger seat needs more room, they can adjust the front passenger seat.
6. Leg Room- Speaking of legroom… the K900 has more legroom than you can possibly imagine. Our family of 4 (with booster seats in the back) had more than enough room. My husband often complains that his legs end up being a little crunched in the front when we are driving a sedan with our children in the back. Not only were his legs fine, he probably could have stretched them out all the way, had the kids stretch out their legs, and there still would have been more leg room in the vehicle.
7. Heated and Cooled Seats-I’ll tell you what… having heated seats is nice, but having cooled seats is even nicer. Best part? Both the front and back seats have this feature. Say goodbye to butt sweat!
8. Integrated Memory System-The Integrated Memory System stores settings for the driver’s seat, outside mirrors, and power tilt/telescoping steering wheel. The seat slides backwards to aid in exiting vehicle and resumes position when starting. Two preset buttons allow seating personalizaton for an additional driver. For front passangers, you have the option for presetting 3 seat adjustments.
9. Heated Steering Wheel-If you live where it gets cold, then this feature is something you will appreciate. No one likes cold hands and you’ll be happy to know that with a push of a button your steering wheel will warm up nicely, leaving you to drive in comfort.
10. Power-Folding Outside Mirrors- Power-Folding Outside Mirrors make maneuvering or parking in tight spots worry-free. Mirror heaters and integrated LED Turn-Signal Indicators provide the K900 with convenience and eye-catching appeal. The Outside Mirrors also adjust automatically when you are in reverse to help you back out of your spot as safely as possible.
11. Surround View Monitor System (360 Birds Eye Camera)-
I am just going to let the video above do the talking. I mean…. talk about a pheominal feature!
Those are just a fraction of the features that made us fall in love with this vehicle.
The 2015 Kia K900 starts at $54,500. Visit kia.com to learn more.